Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Table Topics Tuesday: Dumb da-dum dumb

Photobucket


My best bud, Shannon, hosts this every week. The topic for today is "What's the dumbest argument that you've ever had?"

I had a really hard time with this one. Not because I think that all of my arguments have been merit worthy, but I guess because I've managed to let go of the really dumb ones. (either that or I've simply blocked them out due to sheer embarrassment) So let's see if I can come up with at least one. Oh yes, here we go.

The dumbest argument that I've ever had is one that I have no idea what it was about. However, it's my most memorable one because of what it cost me. It ruined a friendship that I had with someone whom I love dearly and ended up fracturing several other friendships as collateral damage.

While I'm sad that I missed out on many years of friendship and major life events with this friend, I'm so thankful that we've found each other again and it's as if we picked up right where we left off.

Maybe time does heal all wounds. One thing that I know for sure is that a true friend is someone who knows everything about you (good AND bad) and loves you anyway. While we certainly can't make up for lost time, we are definitely not missing out on any more time!

So, what's your dumbest argument? Head over to Shannon's to link up your story!

8 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm assuming this was during your younger years? You can blame being young and naive.

It's great that you've rekindled your friendship!

Shannon said...

Oh, and I almost forgot...


CAMPING?! Seriously?! Have I not taught you ANYTHING?!

T said...

I believe those types of arguments happen at some point for everyone. Atleast you could get your friendship back!!

Came over from The Nuthouse!

Susan said...

I think you're writing about me and my freshman year roommate..... exactly!

Melissa said...

Thank goodness for Facebook. It has allowed me to reconnect with those friends with whom I had a falling out and probably would have never otherwise spoken to again. I'm glad time and maturity heal most wounds.

Jen said...

What Melissa said. Facebook has done wonders to fix my fractured relationships. As for stupid arguments, every argument I ever had with my ex husband has been dumb.

CaraBee said...

I have no recollection about the whys of most of my dumb fights. They just happened. People yelled. And then we made up. I've never had a relationship ruined by one, thankfully.

Michelle said...

Yay, you're back! I think by definition we don't remember our dumb fights. Or at least I hope we don't. I think mine were always of the "no you didn't" "yes I did" type variety.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs