Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Thursday



As an elementary school kid, Thanksgiving always meant another silly school program that involved me dressing up in some costume that I really despised and singing the same songs, year after year. You know the old standards like "We Gather Together" and "This Land is Your Land".

As I got older, it meant a few days off from school and having a big family dinner.

Then, hubby & I met and married and Thanksgiving became a hassle. I found myself in a sitcom episode seeing how many turkey meals I could fit into a single day because we had so many friends/family that we were expected to show up for.

It wasn't until my girls came along that Thanksgiving really began to have serious meaning for me. It's about celebrating the blessings of our wonderful life and teaching the girls about how lucky we are to be able to gather together in our warm home with plenty of food to eat. So, this Thanksgiving, I'm especially thankful for my wonderful family, wonderful friends, and wonderful blessings. I hope you have many wonderful things to be thankful for this day also!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! Don't fill up too much on turkey... must be able to walk when we hit the outlets ;)

What am I saying? You totally know I'll be working on a food-baby tomorrow...

Michelle said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Angie! The meaning of holidays definitely does change as we get older and life changes us.

Oh and ummm I like both those songs -- and now I have the first one going through my head. Thanks! ;)

Brandy said...

Happy Turkey day to you and your family!

Sweetie Pieties said...

I still remember the words to This Land is Your Land.... ahhhh memories. I don't know We Gather Together, though. At least I think I don't. Happy Thanksgiving! I'm really enjoying your blog. I've been absent for a few weeks so I'm catching up!

Unknown said...

Kids sure do change our perspective on things...

Happy Thanksgiving.

Angela said...

I am thankful for YOU, my BFF! Love and hugs!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs