I saw this meme on a blog that I enjoy very much called Playgroups Are No Place for Children and thought I would take a stab at it. As if I haven't already spouted enough about my thoughts on this year and next. Let's go!
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
I went to a chiropractor (against my better judgment) and, not surprisingly, had a horrible experience. I'll stick with M.D.'s from now on.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I successfully marked some things off the "to do" list for the year, but am not making a concrete list for 2011 aside from my 101 Goals list that is ongoing.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My younger brother & his wife had a baby boy in November and I am so excited about meeting him next month! They live 10 hours away, which is a major bummer.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I didn't leave the good ole USA this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
More financial stability and dedication.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 29 because that's when we closed on our new home that I plan to retire in!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Buying & moving into our new home.
9. What was your biggest failure?
A lapse in judgment in my personal life that was nearly catastrophic.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I ended up with a bulging disc in my lower back that caused serious pain for almost 8 weeks. I am SO glad that's better!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our new house.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Both of my daughters teachers who never cease to amaze me in their dedication to making the learning environment as comfortable and warm as I could ever hope for them.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A parent in one of my daughters classes who used private information to try and advance his personal agenda with the school system. That was the first time in a LONG time that I had to exercise extreme amounts of self-control to avoid going postal on someone.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, bills, bills and eating out way too much.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to see the Kings of Leon in concert for the 2nd time in a year and going celebrity stalking with my girlfriends when Robert Pattinson was in town shooting "Water for Elephants".
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
"Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a)happier or sadder; b)thinner or fatter; c)richer or poorer?
I am happier, fatter and poorer.
18. What do you wish you had done more of?
Exercise, by far.
19. What do you wish you had done less of?
Fussing at my kids.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
I was at home with hubby & the kids enjoying our new home and the first White Christmas in 40+ years in my town!
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
If you can count falling in love with a house as something, then yes, 100%.
22. What was your favorite tv program?
I love GLEE and Grey's Anatomy equally.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
There are people I strongly dislike, but I don't hate anyone. And nobody new for sure.
24. What was the best book you read?
"My Fair Lazy" by Jen Lancaster.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Florence & the Machine. She's absolutely fabulous!
26. What did you want and get?
Our new house.
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of 2010?
I really enjoyed the 3rd Twilight film, Eclipse. I know...HUGE surprise.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Nothing very memorable for turning 35. I've officially given up hope of ever having another bday party besides the one when I turned 8.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being able to sell our house and use the money for new home improvements. But on the other hand I'm seriously thankful that we found a great renter for our old house.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2010?
Frumpy. Comfy but frumpy.
32. What kept you sane?
Music. Thank heavens for my iPod.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
I keep my political ire pretty close to the vest, but this year, the debate over universal health care really got under my skin. And I'm not going to say which side I'm on.
34. Who did you miss?
I really missed my friend Jess who moved away a couple of years ago. Thank god for Facebook.
35. Who was the best new person you met?
I can't narrow it down to 1 because I was excited to meet all of my new Kindermusik students. I feel so lucky to have them and their parents in my life!
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Most of the time, it's better to leave the past in the past and just look towards the future. The past is in the rear view for a reason.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Happiness hit her like a train on a track" - "Dog Days Are Over" by Florence and the Machine
Happy New Year everyone!!
Top 10 Reasons Why An iPhone Isn’t A DJ
2 days ago