Friday, December 31, 2010

2011: Looking at the year ahead

I've been giving a lot of thought to making a new "to do" list for 2011. As much as I would love to do this, I think 2011 needs to have a different focus. As I mentioned in my 2010 wrap up, I think that my focus for the new year is going to be U.F.O.'s.

Otherwise known as "Un-Finished Objects".

I've reserved this term in the past to refer to craft projects that have been started with a bang and then left to languish in Rubbermaid containers and closet shelves until I come across them on a whim, 3 years later. And while I have several of those that I want to give attention to, I also have UFO's in my personal life that need to be dealt with. My weight loss journey and our family financial planning being the major ones.

So, without naming specific goals, I'm going to focus my energy in 2011 in cleaning up the UFO's in my life and trying not to create new ones. As I work on these tasks, I have a feeling that several items on my 101 Goals List will be marked off.

What are your hopes for the new year? Do you make resolutions?

2 comments:

Angela said...

I'm in a similar line of thought myself. What with baby coming this year, and expecting (though hoping I'm wrong!) that we may lose Dad and my grandmother in the coming year, I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself this year with to-do's. If we are able to accomplish most of what we want to get done around the house, we will have made major progress for a year (so far, the carpet is in upstairs, several rooms have been painted, and some of the new furniture is here; other pieces are on order). And cf course the baby gives us a joyous goal completed!! I think for this year if we can just survive it and come out the other side all in one piece, I'll consider it a major victory!

Shannon said...

I was wondering about the "UFO" part... what it meant and all.

I need to do the same. I'm so bad about starting something and not finishing it...

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs